What Dental Inlays Do?
Dental inlays repair the chewing surface of your tooth.
Porcelain Inlays versus Metal Fillings
- When you receive a porcelain inlay instead of a metal filling, our dentists can preserve more of your natural tooth.
- Porcelain inlays look natural.
- Your teeth become stronger with porcelain inlays as opposed to weakening when metal fillings are used.
- Your porcelain inlays will not contract and expand with hot or cold foods, which means they will not crack your teeth.
- Porcelain inlays are more durable than the metal fillings are.
- An inlay resists the forces created when you bite down.
- Inlays offer perfect contours for healthy gums.
Caring for your Inlays
You need to care for your dental inlays the same way you care for your natural teeth. Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing every day. Regular dental visits to our Rock Hill facility allow us to detect any dental problems while they are still in the early stages.
Many consider dental Onlays indirect fillings. These Onlays offer patients a stronger, well-fitting and longer lasting repair for tooth decay or other structural damage.
Other Benefits of Onlays
Dental onlays are tailored to fit perfectly with minimal preparation. This makes cleaning a dental onlay easier than cleaning a crown.
A dental Onlay is less likely to discolor than a tooth-colored resin filling.
A composite filling may shrink while it cures, prefabricated gold or porcelain Onlays will not.
Natural Tooth Preservation
Dental Onlays allow our dentists to preserve the healthy tooth structure while restoring the damaged or decayed areas, this allows for functional longevity.
Dental Onlays are strong and stable.
Onlays are an Alternative to Crowns
A dental Onlay offers patients a less expensive alternative to a full coverage crown.